Telephone: 01628 620013 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org www.wiseowlschildcare.co.uk
For the purposes of this document Wise Owls Club shall hereinafter be called ‘The Club’ and those using the services of Wise Owls Club, shall hereinafter be called ‘The Client’.
The Club will only undertake business on these following Terms and Conditions each
of which shall be incorporated or implied in any agreements between The Club and The Clients. No variations of these Terms and Conditions shall be binding unless expressly confirmed by The Club in writing and signed by the Director of The Club. The Client shall be bound by these Terms and Conditions once having completed online registration.
1. The Breakfast Club section of the “The Club” acts as a childcare facility for children between the hours of 07:30 am to the start of school from Monday to Friday and only during The Club’s term time.
2. The Client pays an admin fee and deposit for each child upon making a booking request. Club fees are paid in full for one half term/roughly six weeks at a time. The Club must receive payment within the first week of term and requires The Client to send payment via BACS with the child’s full name as a reference. If paying by voucher and BACS The Client should email email@example.com to confirm the split between the two payment methods and times when the vouchers will be credited. If The Client pays by cheque, the child’s name should be shown clearly on the reverse of the cheque. The amount paid must match the amount on the invoice unless otherwise discussed with the office and agreed in writing. There is a £2 charge for payment by cheque.
3. The Club accepts payment via all childcare vouchers and tax-free childcare. With this method, if payment is not made within the first week of term, the Club must receive an e-mail advising when the payment is expected and from which voucher company. The preferred method of payment is via BACS; The Client must enter the transaction reference as the child’s full name.
4. If fees are not paid on time (within first week of payment period), a £5.00 charge per week will be added to the next invoice. If The Client has difficulty paying on time The client must contact The Club. Failure to do this could result in a ‘money claim online’ in order to retrieve the funds due and/the child not being accepted at The Club and no prior notice will be given.
5. When The Client makes a booking for The Club, the child must attend at least one (1) day every week, unless agreed otherwise in writing. The child will automatically be booked in for the day(s) specified. The Client must give The Club six (6) weeks’ notice in writing of the child either being withdrawn from The Club completely or to cancel a regular permanent session which will be acknowledged by The Club within 7 days. If The Client fails to receive such acknowledgement, The Client must contact The Club by e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org. Without this procedure being followed, The Client will be charged for the booked session(s).
6. The Client is charged for full terms. This includes inset days and bank holidays if they fall in term time. If The Client’s child is involved in other activities or will miss a session, The Client will nevertheless be charged for these sessions. The Client must notify The Club of a non-attendance.
7. The Client may purchase Ad Hoc sessions via the website by booking and paying by credit/debit card, childcare vouchers or tax-free childcare at the time of making the booking.
8. When booking an Ad Hoc session, The Club requires four (4) days’ notice to book the selected day. If The Club is full on that specified day, The Club will not be able to accommodate the child and The Client will receive a full refund.
9. If the Client wishes to cancel an ad hoc session after an official booking, The Club requires two (2) days’ notice for the client to receive a refund.
10. If The Club’s premises are closed due to health and safety, bad weather, diseases, Act of God or circumstances out of the Club’s control, The Club will not able to operate and The Client will be notified via The Club’s mobile between 07.15 and 07.45. Under no circumstances will The Club operate if by doing so, the health and safety of the children within the care of The Club is at risk. Additionally, it is The Client’s responsibility to contact The Club via the club’s mobile telephone in the event that the child’s school is closed. No refund of fees will be given under these circumstances.
11. If the Client’s child’s school is not open due to bad weather and the child has already been delivered to The Club, The Client should notify The Club of such closure before 08.30 to arrange collection of the child at a mutually agreed location before 9.00am. After this time The Client will incur the cost of retaining the two supervisors for the extra time required. (The Client should be aware that The Club’s staff have commitments outside The Club’s hours of duty).
12. The Club will do its upmost to keep your child safe from harm within its care but is not liable for any accidents which may occur.
13. Breakfast will be served until 08.15 each day. After this point The Club will prepare the children to start their walk to school and clear up the community centre to leave.
14. If The Client requires an additional Club session, The Client must book the session through the office before 2pm the day before. It is not possible to exchange a session. For any extra sessions booked, The Client will be charged a 30p admin fee. The Club requires two (2) days’ notice to cancel the booked extra session.
15. The Client must ensure their child has all their belongings in a suitable bag which is easy to carry to school. The Club cannot be held responsible for loss or damage to anything brought to the club from home. The Club has limited storage and lost property will be taken to charity shops 1 week later.
16. It is The Client’s responsibility to collect any letters from The Club addressed to them from the Signing In table and to read any posters here about changes or information.
17. When The Club’s staff accompany the Client’s child on foot to the school, this implies The Client’s consent to do so.
18. The Breakfast Club fees are reviewed yearly in July. The club undertakes to advise The Client of revised fees a minimum of six weeks’ in advance.
19. It is The Club’s practice to use photographs of the children attending The Club for advertising, displays, the website and other promotional purposes and their name(s) may accompany any such images used. The Client should indicate appropriately on the Registration Form if permission for their child to appear in such images is withheld.
20. The Client is required to update any changes to the contact details on the on-line Registration Form immediately in order to protect the safety of the child.
21. The Club will contact the Client by the e-mail address recorded on the Registration Form (main carer) and it is therefore vital that this information is correct at all times and that email communications from The Club is read without delay. Further, it is The Client’s responsibility to ensure that the child’s school and year group are correctly recorded on the Registration Form, (so that the child is on the correct delivery list).
22. If The Client’s child is not able to attend a session due to illness or other activities The Client must inform The Club via the onsite mobile number provided on booking. The fees will not be refunded.
23. Any important communication between The Client and The Club should be conducted by telephone via the breakfast club mobile number between 07.30 and 09.00 or between 10.00 and 14.00 the day before to the office on (01628 620013) or e-mail (email@example.com). The Club will acknowledge the call or e-mail.
24. The Club reserves the right to revise these Terms and Conditions and undertakes to display the most recent version on the ‘The Club’s website.
25. The Club may not on occasion be able to operate its service from the usual facilities due to functions such as its used as a polling station. The Club undertakes to display a poster at the Signing In desk advising The Client of the revised arrangements which may involve a trip to the local park.
26.The Club reserves the right to withdraw its services if The Client’s child is disruptive and/or aggressive in such a manner as to pose a safety risk to him/herself, the other children or the staff at The Club. The Staff will initially give a verbal notice to try to resolve the matter but in an extreme case, The Club will demand the immediate removal of the child and the deposit and fees will not be refunded. The decision of The Club is final.
27. Equally if a parent is aggressive or rude to our staff at The Club or a child within our care, this behaviour will not be tolerated and The Club reserves the right to withdraw its service. No refund of care or deposits will be received.
28. The Club operates on the basis of 1 staff member to 8-10 children. Should the Client’s child require a 1:1 ratio, the child may attend the club in the normal way accompanied by his/her carer (which may be arranged through the resources of the Local Authority).
29. if your child is sick or has diarrhoea, we have a 48-hour policy with other illnesses please see the NHS guidance notes.
Version February 2020