In June we looked at the possibility of opening our breakfast and after school clubs to the children returning to school. However due to the bubble requirements this was not an option for the summer term. We will be planning to open in September as the next stage for our breakfast and after school clubs. We are awaiting guidance from the DfE regarding this which we hope will be published shortly.
We will continue to read and follow the guidance and see what care we are able to offer and how we can best accommodate you.
We hoped to open the holiday club over the summer period, however the guidance is still no. They are hoping to lift this on the 4th July 2020 but until the guidance is officially changed and Highfield have reviewed our risk assessments, we are unable to operate. https://www.outofschoolalliance.co.uk/holiday-clubs-covid19
We cannot operate from Jump In as all indoor play centres are to remain closed at this time.
We do have risk assessments in place following current government guidance which I feel will amply cover any new guidance should it be changed. However, we are ready to make any adjustments quickly if required. We have a team of staff keen to operate the clubs. We will inform you as soon as we are able.
We hope to operate from 8am or 9am – 5pm providing meals for all children. The children will be divided into bubbles each of which will have a maximum of 16 and we will cater for 3 groups.
Our staff will have COVID-19 training and will follow our policies and risk assessment which provide a structured cleaning process throughout the day to ensure the children's, their own and other's safety. We may only be able to do our own food but again we will review this near the time and no outings will be organised.
We understand that other clubs are opening their booking process however we are unable to until we get the green light from Highfield School. I am sorry for this delay but have no other option at this time.
Your child can still continue with their care, or you can withdraw as you feel appropriate. Please see our normal terms and conditions and follow our policy.
Exactly the same terms and conditions that applied before the Covid-19 pandemic now apply, so please refer to them. They are available on the website.
If you wish to delay your child’s re-start for any reason you can withdraw giving six weeks notice and rebook for a date of your choice to suit you and your family's situation, subject to availability. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do ask that if you are not wanting your child to attend the breakfast and after school club you inform us as soon as possible so that we can evaluate our staffing and offer provision to others on our waiting list.
We have done all we can to keep the club sustainable with no fees from the Easter holidays and summer term, which has been extremely hard as I am sure you can imagine.
We have provided activity packs and maintained a good line of communication free of charge.
We are all awaiting the guidance. If this is the situation we will need to comply and will inform you as soon as we are able. We are in discussions with schools about the kind of provision we could provide come September 2020 however they are also awaiting guidance.
Yes, we will deduct this from your September 2020 invoice, thank you SO much for these funds they have been extremely helpful. We do hope a few of you have enjoyed the information packs we continued to provide and will until the end of the summer term.
If you would like to donate your 25% fees to your club we will in time put this towards some equipment and the staff and children will chose this together when we are recovered. Please email email@example.com if you wish to do this before 1st August 2020. For ease state the amount you wish to donate, your child’s full name and setting so this is clear.
We did ask everyone to stop these as soon as able to prevent over paying. However it will have been allocated to your account. So please work out what is due to be paid and ensure you pay your termly invoice as before on the 1st day of term or before, deducting anything already paid. For example if your invoice is £842 and you paid £235 in April and May ensure you then pay £372.00.
Absolutely; we currently have our pre schools open and we are taking temperatures on arrival. Please follow government guidance. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
We will get a plan in place as before depending on government guidance and assess everything to support staff and parents as best we can. However we would aim, as previously, to not charge anything.
We will need to follow our normal sickness policy.
Please ensure you follow government guidance to protect the nursery community. Call 111 for advice https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/symptoms/coronavirus-in-children/
I do not see this scenario occurring as we have a fantastic, keen, staffing team; however if we were unable to accommodate your child we would refund that day.
If we have a confirmed case of Covid-19 we will inform parents. However, we have no plan to close the setting unless Public Health England recommends this. We have only had one parent with a child in the nursery confirmed at the time of writing. The parent was a front line worker and despite attending before there is not confirmation the child had Covid-19. No other child/ staff member was ill and the site was deep cleaned. We are doing a lot more cleaning every day and during the session to help reduce infection in line with guidelines but we cannot guarantee that the virus is not present in our site but please do view our risk assessment which we will send out after more guidance.
If a child is sent home with a new persistent cough and temperature we will inform parents in their bubble. However, we will not if it is just a temperature as that could be anything. Any child feeling unwell will be following clear guidance and requirements at this stage.
Yes, fees are payable.
There is an increased risk of infection from a confirmed case, but there is also a risk from children or staff without symptoms. However, we will track exactly which children and staff any confirmed case has been in contact with and communicate this to all concerned so that they and their children can take a test to see if they have the virus – in which case they would need to isolate as per the government guidance at this time but September is a few months away.
We will follow the guidance given by Public Health England as per any other notifiable virus. Staff will spend more time on cleaning and hygiene, and less on administration and record keeping.
Children seem to be getting the virus very mildly but there are no guarantees of this and it is a worrying time for us all. Children with diminished immunity will be notified by there GP and should be kept at home. Every effort will be made to be calm and positive at the club, and to keep things as normal as possible, so that the children can be as relaxed and happy as possible.