Telephone: 01628 620013 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org www.wiseowlschildcare.co.uk
For the purposes of this document Wise Owls Club shall hereinafter be called ‘The Club’ and those wishing to use the services of Wise Owl’s club, shall hereinafter be called ‘The Client’.
The Club will only undertake business on these following Terms and Conditions, each of which shall be incorporated or implied in any agreements between The Club and The Client. No variations of these Terms and Conditions shall be binding unless expressly confirmed by The Club in writing and signed by the Director of The Club. The Client is bound by these Terms and Conditions once it commences using the services of The Club. The Club reserves the right to vary these Terms and Conditions and the latest version is available on The Club’s Website. The Client shall be bound by these Terms and Conditions once having completed the online registration.
1. The After School Club section of the ‘The Club’ acts as a registered childcare facility for children between the hours of 15:15 and 18:15, from Monday to Friday, during The Club’s term time. (Dates are available on The Club’s website).
2. The Client pays an admin fee and deposit for each child upon Registration. Club fees are paid in full for one half term/roughly six weeks at a time. The Club must receive payment within the first week of term and requires The Client to send payment via BACS with the child’s full name as a reference. If paying by voucher and BACS The Client should email The Club’s Accounts Department (email@example.com) to confirm the split between the two payment methods and times when the vouchers will be credited. If The Client pays by cheque, the child’s name should be shown clearly on the reverse of the cheque. The amount paid must match the amount on the invoice unless otherwise discussed with the office and agreed in writing. There is a £2 charge for payment by cheque.
3. The Club accepts payment via all childcare vouchers. With this method, if payment is not made in the first week of the term, The Club must receive an email advising when the payment is expected and from which voucher company. The preferred method of payment is via BACs; The Client must enter the transaction reference as the child’s full name. The Club accepts payment via cheque and if (by written agreement only) this is made in more than one instalment, The Client should include the second as a post-dated cheque, including the 60p charge for this arrangement (made payable to “Wise Owls Club Ltd”.
4. If fees are not paid on time (within first week of the payment period), a £5.00 charge per week will be added to the next invoice. If The Client has difficulty paying on time The Client must contact The Club. Failure to do this could result into a ‘money claim online’ in order to retrieve the payment due and/or the child not being accepted at The Club, and no prior notice will be given.
5. When The Client makes a booking for The Club, the child must attend at least one (1) day every week, unless agreed otherwise in writing. The child will automatically be booked in for the day(s) The Client has chosen or specified, each term. The Client must give The Club six (6) weeks’ notice in writing of the child either being withdrawn from The Club completely or to cancel a booked session which will be acknowledged by The Club. If The Client fails to receive such acknowledgement, The Client must contact the office. If sent by e-mail, the address is info@wiseowlschildcare,co.uk. Without this procedure being followed, The Client will be charged for the booked session (s).
6. In the event of an inset day or closure of a school when The Club is operating, The Club will still charge for the booked session(s) within the term dates and the revised club location will be notified by poster at the Sign In desk and by email.
7. Bookings are charged for full terms, including inset days and bank holidays if they fall in term time. The Client must advise The Club if the child is unable to attend and the fee remains payable.
8. If the school attended by The Client’s child closes due to circumstances outside the school’s control (For example bad weather, health and safety issues, an Act of God etc), The Club may not be able to operate and will contact The Client by e-mail in the first instance. If The Client is aware of a school closure, it is the Client’s responsibility to contact the Club via club mobile phones or The Club’s office. Under no circumstances will the Club operate if by doing so, the health and safety of children within the care of The Club is at risk. If schools are in operation during bad weather, The Club will also aim to remain open, but The Club will, do so at its absolute discretion, decide whether it will operate and whether it will run the usual bus collection service. No refund of the fee will be due under these circumstances.
9. The Club endeavours to maintain the highest standards of health and safety at all times but is not liable for any accidents which may occur.
10. The Client must collect the child by 18.15 but should The Client be unable to do so in unforeseen circumstances, The Club must be notified before 18.00pm of the revised collection time. There is then an additional late fee charge of £2.50. After 6.30 pm The Client will incur a further fee equating to the cost of retaining the supervisors for the extra time required. This will be for two members of staff who must be kept advised as to The Client’s expected arrival time. These terms have been devised in recognition of the fact that The Club’s staff have other commitments after their working day.
11. Should the school attended by The Client’s child finish early, The Client should notify The Club and if possible The Club will endeavour to make arrangements for an earlier collection. The cost for this service will be at the minimum rate relating to the additional time the staff are required to cover, depending on numbers. Any additional fees will be added to the Client’s invoice. The Client is required to give The Club one (1) weeks notice if the collection service for that child is not required.
12. The Client may purchase Ad Hoc sessions via the website by booking and paying by credit/debit card or childcare vouchers at the time of making the booking.
13. When booking an Ad hoc session, The Club requires two (2) days notice to book the selected day. If The Club is full on that specified day, The Club will not be able to accommodate the child and The Client will receive a full refund.
14. If The Client wishes to cancel an Ad Hoc session after an official booking, The Club requires two (2) days notice for the Client to receive a refund.
15. It is The Client’s responsibility to ensure the child has all their belongings. The Club cannot be responsible to loss or damage to items brought to the club from home. Lost property will be taken to charity shops one (1) week later.
16. It is The Client’s responsibility to collect any letters/communications from The Club at the Signing Out table and to read any posters displayed about changes or information.
17. The Registration process gives the club permission to collect the Client’s child from school by club minibus, staff vehicle or on foot.
18. The Club fees are reviewed yearly in September. The Club undertakes to advise The Client of revised fees a minimum of 6 weeks in advance.
19. It is The Club’s practice to use photographs of children attending The Club for advertising, displays and website and other promotional purposes, and their name(s) may accompany any such images used. The Client should indicate appropriately on the Registration Form if permission for their child to appear in such images is withheld.
20. The Client is required to update changes to the contact details online immediately in order to protect the safety of the child. Failure to do this could result in The Club not being able to contact The Client in an emergency, and not being allowed to collect the child from the school. Social Services may be contacted in these circumstances.
21 The Club will contact the Client by the e-mail address recorded on the Registration Form and it is therefore vital that this information is correct at all times and that email communications from The Club is read without delay. Further, it is The Client’s responsibility to ensure that the child’s school and year group are correctly recorded on the Registration Form, (so that the child is on the correct collection list).
22. If The Client wishes to book an extra day or days for the child to attend The Club as well as the days already booked, this may be arranged only through the office. This will only be available if there are spaces on the day requested. The Client may not exchange sessions and once booked, no refund will be given for non- attendance. For any extra sessions booked, The Client will be charged a 30p admin fee. The Club requires two (2) days notice to cancel the booked extra session.
23. In the highly unlikely event that The Club fails to collect the child on the day he/she is due to attend The Club, the child should report to the school reception where the Club’s details are held. Arrangements will then be made for collection of the child as quickly as possible, while waiting in the security of the school staff.
24. If The Client’s child is unable to attend a session due to illness or other activities, The Club should be notified via the office, by phone or email, to prevent the late running of the collection and inconvenience to other children in The Club’s care. The Club will respond to a message regarding absence/non- attendance and if there is no such response, The Client must continue to contact the office before 14.00 and from 14.30 when the office is closed, call The Club mobile phone.
25.If The Client selects ‘Early Bird’ sessions (available at selected schools/sites only), The Client must collect the child by 4.30, and failure to collect the child at or before this time will incur an additional £6.50 fee. The Client must confirm the requirement in advance as the session may be fully booked and The Club may be unable to provide a meal for the child.
27. The Club may on occasion be required to use other facilities because of functions arranged by the school (such as Parent’s Evenings). The Club may arrange a special outing for the children and in those circumstances, The client will be advised by poster displayed at the Sign Out desk and the Club will notify The Client of any additional charges which will be added to the next invoice.
28. The Club reserves the right to withdraw the collection service from the Client’s child’s school should the numbers for collection drop to an uneconomic level. The Club must give 6 weeks’ notice in writing to The Client of its intention to withdraw the collection service and The Client must respond within the following 14 days as to whether to continue the sessions with The Club and provide private transport arrangements.
29. The Club reserves the right to withdraw its services if The Client’s child is disruptive and/or aggressive in such a manner as to pose a safety risk to the other children at The Club. A verbal warning will be given to the Client and if matters do not improve, The Club will demand the immediate removal of the child. The deposit will not be refunded.
30. Equally if a parent is aggressive or rude to our staff at The Club or a child within our care, this behaviour will not be tolerated and The Club reserves the right to withdraw its service. No refund of care or deposit will be received.
31.The Club operates on the basis of 1 staff member to 8-10 children. Should the Client’s child require a 1:1 ratio, the child may attend the club in the normal way accompanied by his/her carer (which may be arranged through the resources of the Local Authority).
Version April 2018